- Process types and industry/product/service classifications
- Diagnosing a process: how to identify a broken process, selecting a process for redesign
- Process mapping: types of information captured in a process map, types of process maps, flow charting symbols
- Constructing a functional-activity flow chart: reducing frustrations, bottlenecks and bureaucracy, selecting high-impact ideas
- Process metrics and basic process theory: gathering time and quality cost data, effect of variability, using Activity Based Costing to calculate true profitability, creating a bridge to strategic planning
- Process design: work and information flow, matching process to desired outputs, designing reliable processes
- Implementing process improvement: process redesign methodology, implementation options, overcoming obstacles
- Integrating process improvements in your organization: mapping out a plan, building a team, generating support and engagement
You will explore multiple ideas on how to design processes, and practice the powerful tools described in the course on your own process issues. You will leave with an action plan to strengthen your processes and establish an environment of ongoing process improvement in your organization.
This workshop is designed for those who want hands-on experience in process mapping and improvement, such as:
- process improvement teams or task forces
- department heads
- quality and operations professionals
- managers and supervisors
"I'm so happy I had the opportunity to take this program. The high quality of teaching, applicable learning outcomes and interactive atmosphere ensured I took away concepts that I can immediately apply in my workplace. I would absolutely recommend the course to anyone who asks me about it."
Greater Victoria Harbour Authority
"This class was great. It really helped me focus in on the issues and see them from a different angle."
Manager of Contracts and Accounts
ZE PowerGroup Inc.
“Fantastic course, I really enjoyed the experience. It was a perfect balance of informative lecture and hands-on application of tools. Each faculty member brought their unique qualifications and spoke of real-world experiences that were pragmatic and inspiring."
"Excellent information and delivery of material by all three teachers. I found it particularly useful that we referenced and refined our own process maps during the 3 days - I took away a lot of ideas and am excited to apply my new knowledge."
"This was one of the best courses I have ever taken for my career development. The instruction was clear, and there was good focus on imparting usable, understandable skills and knowledge. Very impressed."
"I was pleased that the course incorporated a work example, as this enabled application in my workplace right away. I enjoyed the lectures and delivery of real-life stories really brought home the points of learning while being very entertaining. I will certainly recommend this course to my colleagues.”
"Overall an excellent learning experience! I am looking forward to applying the tools and techniques we learned today in my job."
"This course was a really good learning experience. Lots of hands-on activities really sent the message home. Being able to apply the logic to our own organizational processes will be really useful to take back to the office - it has already started us on the path to fixing our process!"