This course helps build strength in these core competency areas:
- Communication and listening
- Team leadership
- Managing conflict and difficult behaviour
- Communicating difficult information
- Trust and fairness
- Decision making
- Managing change
- Motivation: influencing and motivating people in healthy ways
- Communicating and listening: choosing the right medium for the message, keys to effective listening
- Team leadership: enhancing team decision making, productivity and performance, building positive team relationships
- Managing conflict and difficult behaviour: dealing with problem behaviours, fostering more good and less bad conflict
- Communicating difficult information, building/restoring trust during stressful times
- Trust and fairness: cultivating trust while suspending judgement, enhancing a positive organizational climate
- Effective negotiation: preparing, analyzing and conducting negotiations that meet the needs of all parties
- Making smarter decisions
- Organizational change: diagnosing the impact of change, managing resistance
This course includes a project that allows you to apply what you've learned to a real-life situation.
New managers, managers who have recently changed positions within their organization, or those who wish to brush up on their skill portfolio.
"This course allowed me to look at real life examples in my everyday life and apply newly learned skills immediately. A very beneficial course for any new manager wanting to understand how to manage individuals.”
Director of Sales, Western US
"This course exposed me to the many areas of management and provided me with many skills I can use immediately back at work."
Occupational Therapist, Vancouver Island Manager
JR Rehabilitation Services
"This program brought me to a new level of thinking and helped me achieve my learning objectives."
Customer Service Manager
"This course brings a lot of value to me on how I can perform better as a manager."
Manager BI & EDW
Industry Training Authority
"The program was delivered in a concrete and practical way. It provided me with some overall tools and tactics to help me in my job."
"I was quickly able to insert my key learnings into our organization and apply them to day to day tasks. Sauder has exceeded all my expectations: great atmosphere, class sizes, and instructors all lead to great education!"
Manager, Global Care and Contact Solutions