Creating Inseparable Partnerships
A key success factor in any business enterprise is managing stakeholders’ needs and expectations. In this workshop, you will learn how to identify the right stakeholders, obtain their buy-in, align their requirements to organizational strategies, and manage their expectations. You will also learn to determine when and where to engage them, the optimum level of effort to allocate to each stakeholder, and other critical skills for continuous stakeholder engagement.
This course is aligned to the Project Management Institute’s (PMI®) standards.
- Ensure crystal clear understanding with stakeholders of their role
- Communicate with stakeholders to uncover their needs, expectations and motivation
- Identify stakeholder barriers before they occur
- Define a stakeholder engagement strategy
- Plan, execute and refine a stakeholder engagement plan
- Generate cooperation, collaboration and consensus with stakeholders
- Use a structured process to balance stakeholder’s conflicting needs
- Apply proven techniques to effectively and continuously engage and influence key stakeholders
- Stakeholder management framework: key understandings to share with stakeholders, stakeholder characteristics, challenges in identifying the right stakeholders
- Planning stakeholder management: creating the stakeholder engagement strategy, assessing and categorizing stakeholders, discovering their motivations, defining their roles and responsibilities, creating the stakeholder engagement plan
- Managing and monitoring stakeholder engagement: when and how to maintain stakeholder engagement throughout the project or business endeavour, executing and refining the stakeholder engagement plan, developing a stakeholder dual action plan, dealing with conflicts and difficult stakeholders
This hands-on workshop includes simulated exercises to help you develop stakeholder management tools and techniques you can immediately apply back at work.
As part of the workshop, you will receive 13 PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs).
Denise is the founder and Managing Partner of Collaborators In Knowledge Inc. She brings more than 40 years of practical experience in managing, auditing and rescuing multi-million dollar projects. She has also trained thousands of students from the private and public sectors in the best practices of portfolio and project management. She is the past President of the Society of PMPs of Greater Vancouver.
The workshop is designed for those who want to strengthen stakeholder engagement and relationships. For example:
- Business Analysts and Subject Matter Experts
- Project/Program Managers and Team Leads
- General or Operational Managers
- Key Stakeholders
“The combination of course format, hands-on learning, and teaching staff made this the most relevant, engaging, and fun experience I have ever had!”