Demystify Big Data and its Strategic Value
for Your Organization
With the advent of big data, it is critical for business leaders to know how to sift through and interpret a dizzying (and ever-growing) volume of information. Recent research by McKinsey indicates that businesses that analyze their clients’ data obtain a return on investment that is 131% higher than that of competitors who have yet to take the big data plunge.
Offered by HEC Montréal, Executive Education, this dynamic course breaks big data and artificial intelligence (AI) down into bite-size chunks. Learn how to make the most of recent innovations without the need for budget-busting investments in new technology. Discover how to select and analyze data in a way that supports your company’s strategic approach and business model.
- Demystify big data and understand the strategic impacts
- Make the connection between various types of data and the repercussions on your business models
- Determine how artificial intelligence is poised to transform business roles and functions
- Understand how these new tools can help you move forward in achieving your business objectives
- Explore how to navigate the sea of data and retrieve relevant information that will help you make good decisions without having to invest a massive amount of energy
- Discover how to circumvent a lack of information when executing a strategy
- Learn, with case studies, how to start using big data and analytics
- Demystifying big data: identify the added value for your business
- Business model and data analytics: consider access to information once your business models and strategies are in place
- Benefits and best practices: see what industry stakeholders and your counterparts are up to
- Decision-making information: experiment with varying decisions based on the available flow of information
- IT/data analytics: understand how to manage information and get your IT head’s buy-in
- Lack of existing information as a roadblock to executing your strategies: find out why data is often structured in a way that is incompatible with other sources, and how to access this information to generate even more benefits for your business
- Overview of the top algorithms for machine learning and artificial intelligence, how they work and how to interpret their results
- Effective use of data analytics
This course explores the topic from a strategic, market globalization perspective. It includes business cases and small group discussions to ensure you leave with useful tools to incorporate a healthy dose of data analytics into your operations.
Dr. François Bellavance
François is a professor in HEC Montréal’s Department of Decision Sciences, where he teaches in the PhD, MBA and MSc programs in Business Intelligence and Business Analytics. His main interests are data mining, machine learning and applied statistics. He is a member of the Centre interuniversitaire sur les réseaux d’entreprise, la logistique et le transport (CIRRELT) and the Institute for Data Valorisation (IVADO), and an associate member of the Group for Research on Decision Analysis (GERAD).
François has 40 years of experience in sales management and IT deployment for major Canadian corporations. Data analytics and big data has been one of his central focuses for over a decade. He has brought his clients a wealth of benefits, rolling out over $1 billion in solutions. He also serves as a marketing lecturer on business intelligence, and has been recognized for teaching excellence at HEC Montréal.
This course is designed for business leaders and executives who want to get a better handle on the strategic impacts of data analytics and incorporate it into their business model.
“The course leaders have allowed me to get into the 21st century of data analysis.”
“This excellent program really helped me in learning big data and AI importance for businesses. Well structured and appropriately delivered course content.”