- The world is your stage: the active connection between leadership and presence, creating an immediate impression with a strong entrance
- Creating your character: what makes certain characters compelling, identifying the leadership qualities you wish to project
- Reaching your audience: giving audiences what they need, listening to hear the emotional subtext, developing warmth and political savvy
- Speaking with passion: articulating your words expressively, reflecting the energy and excitement of your ideas
- Achieving the presence of a seasoned professional: using movement, strong gestures and body language to support the executive image you intend to project, fostering relaxation and spontaneity
- “Lights, Camera, Action” Workshop: performing scripts in a polished, compelling way
- “Presence in Interactions” Workshop: reading people by listening for different emotions, responding empathetically
- “You’re Always On” Workshop: improvising great performances in every-day situations, acting the leadership part with energy and charisma
- “Curtain Call”: leaving a lasting impression
You will engage in specific hands-on skill development exercises for inspiring diverse audiences – from your manager and team, to clients and stakeholders. You will also get one-on-one guidance from Humphrey Group professionals, experienced in public speaking and performance.
Note: while every course from The Humphrey Group is unique, there will be overlap in the communications methodology that underpins the learning. Please speak to an advisor at 604.822.8400 if you plan to attend this after taking a previous Humphrey Group course.
This course is for anyone who aspires to achieve the leadership presence demonstrated so frequently by executives—a necessary quality for those who wish to move upward in any organization. It is especially beneficial for those who represent their company both internally or externally.
"I have attended various leadership courses over the last 15 years, and this was one of the best. The practicality of the tools are excellent and will be directly applicable to my role. I thoroughly enjoyed the method of teaching and would highly recommend this course to others!”
Director of Industry and Labour Services
"The program was directly relevant to my role as an executive, and the new skills and methods will become a daily part of my leadership approach going forward."
Assistant Deputy Minister
BC Public Service
"The things we learned in this course are easily transferable to my day job. I will take what I have learned and apply them in my interactions with my people and industry peers."
"An excellent use of two days! It was a fun and energetic way to learn about the power of what you say and how you deliver it. The instructors were a perfect example of leadership presence at work, speaking with clarity, passion and energy, and truly caring about each participant's progression."
Director, Human Resources
Knowledge Network Corporation