- The world is your stage: the connection between leadership and presence, making your entrance
- Creating your character: what makes certain characters compelling, identifying the leadership qualities you wish to project
- Reaching your audience: giving audiences what they need, listening to hear the emotional subtext, showing empathy, growing your political savvy
- Speaking with passion: reflecting the energy and excitement of your ideas, articulating and pacing your words
- Achieving the presence of a performer: projecting confidence and authenticity through movement, strong gestures, eye contact, body language, relaxation and spontaneity
- “Lights, Camera, Action” Workshop: performing scripts in a polished, compelling way
- “Presence in Interactions” Workshop: reading people by listening for different emotions, responding empathetically
- “You’re Always On” Workshop: improvising great performances in every-day situations, acting the leadership part with energy and charisma
- “Curtain Call”: making your exit
You will receive personal coaching as you hone your leadership and communication skills. You will also create a script based upon an upcoming performance opportunity. You will be videotaped delivering your script, and get feedback on both your presence and delivery.
Note: while every course from The Humphrey Group is unique, there will be overlap in the communications methodology that underpins the learning. Please speak to an advisor at 604.822.8400 if you plan to attend this after taking a previous Humphrey Group course.
This course is for anyone who aspires to achieve the leadership presence demonstrated by inspiring top executives. It is especially beneficial for those who represent their company both internally or externally.
"I have attended various leadership courses over the last 15 years, and this was one of the best. The practicality of the tools are excellent and will be directly applicable to my role. I thoroughly enjoyed the method of teaching and would highly recommend this course to others!”
Director of Industry and Labour Services
"The program was directly relevant to my role as an executive, and the new skills and methods will become a daily part of my leadership approach going forward."
Assistant Deputy Minister
BC Public Service
"The things we learned in this course are easily transferable to my day job. I will take what I have learned and apply them in my interactions with my people and industry peers."
"An excellent use of two days! It was a fun and energetic way to learn about the power of what you say and how you deliver it. The instructors were a perfect example of leadership presence at work, speaking with clarity, passion and energy, and truly caring about each participant's progression."
Director, Human Resources
Knowledge Network Corporation