Ch’nook Scholars Selection Process
Please ensure that you follow these instructions carefully.
- Applications are submitted using the online application form.
- The firm deadline for all materials to reach Ch’nook is 11:59 pm on Friday, October 5th, 2018.
- The Ch’nook Selection Committee reviews the applications and determines the 2018-2019 Ch’nook Scholars.
- Successful applicants are contacted within two (2) weeks of the Ch’nook Selection Committee’s meeting. Successful applicants will be provided with an acceptance letter that outlines the program objectives and requirements.
- Ch’nook Scholars are asked to confirm their acceptance in writing, to send letters of thanks addressed to Ch’nook funders, and to sign and return the Achieve and Contribute Agreement in a timely manner.
- Ch’nook will announce the names, post-secondary institutions, and community affiliations of the 2018-2019 Ch'nook Scholars to schools, bands, funders, and media outlets.
- Scholarship cheques will be distributed in two (2) separate installments of $1,000. Upon completion of all program requirements, Ch’nook will mail cheques to students; however, please allow at least eight (8) weeks for processing and delivery.
Canadian residents of First Nations (Status or Non-Status), Métis or Inuit heritage attending business education studies full-time at a post-secondary institution within British Columbia or at the University of Calgary are eligible to apply. Attendance at the Fall and Spring Gatherings is required; therefore, Ch’nook Scholars must be available to attend both gatherings. Ch’nook Scholars are welcome to participate in the program more than once as long as they continue to meet eligibility criteria.
The Ch’nook Selection Committee considers:
- Leadership and role model qualities
- Demonstrated personal achievements
- Interest in business as an academic and/or career path
- Contributions to community
- Essay (no more than 500 words)
For more information email: email@example.com
- The deadline for the Ch'nook Scholars application is 11:59 pm on Friday, October 5th, 2018.
- In addition to filling out the Ch'nook Scholars Application Form, you must submit all of the required documentation that is relevant to your application.
- Applications that do not meet this timeline or are found to be incomplete will be disqualified - there will be no exceptions.