Marc-David L. Seidel
BA, MBA (Cornell), MS, PhD (Berkeley)
- RBC Financial Group Professor of Entrepreneurship, Associate Professor, OBHR Division, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group
- Director, W. Maurice Young Centre for Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital Research
- 2018 Division Chair, Academy of Management OMT Division
- Associate Editor, Administrative Science Quarterly
Office Henry Angus 678
Tel (604) 827-5155
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Early life factors role in later life workplace outcomes
- Social networks and organizational decision making
- Community Form (C-Form) of organization
- Discrimination and networks in the employment relationship
Courses taught in 2017-2018
- Innovation Leadership (BCom)
- Research Theory for Commerce Scholars (BCom)
Selected Recent Publications
- Seidel, Marc-David L. (forthcoming) "Questioning Centralized Organizations in a Time of Distributed Trust" Journal of Management Inquiry.
- Houshmand, Marjan, Seidel, Marc-David L., Ma, Dennis G. (2017) "The Impact of Adolescent Work in Family Business on Child-Parent Relationships and Psychological Well-being"Family Business Review, Volume 30:3(242-261).
- Seidel, Marc-David L. (2017) "Network Opportunity Emergence and Identification"Research in the Sociology of Organizations, Volume 50(141-168).
- Seidel, Marc-David L., and Greve, Henrich R. (2017) "Emergence: How Novelty, Growth, and Formation Shape Organizations and Their Ecosystems"Research in the Sociology of Organizations, Volume 50(1-27).
- Greve, Henrich R., and Seidel, Marc-David L. (2015) "The Thin Red Line between Success and Failure: Path Dependence in the Diffusion of Innovative Production Technologies"Strategic Management Journal, Volume 36:4(475-496). Featured in Harvard Business Review "Being Early Beats Being Better", June 2014(30-31).
Links and Other Information