MA PhD (CERGE-EI), PhD (London School of Economics)
Associate Professor, Finance Division
Office Henry Angus (HA 875)
Tel (604) 822-8490
Personal Web Page
- Corporate finance and governance
- Finance and product market competition
- Access to external finance and financial constraints
- Financial development and efficiency
- Financial intermediation and capital market dysfunctionality
Courses Taught in 2017-2018
- Investment Theory and Asset Pricing (MBA)
- Empirical Finance (MBA)
Selected Recent Publications
- "Competition and Ownership Structure of Closely-Held Firms," with Ting Xu, Review of Financial Studies, Forthcoming.
- "Are Foreign Investors Locusts? The Long-Term Effects of Foreign Institutional Ownership," with Miguel A. Ferreira, Pedro Matos, and Pedro Pires, Journal of Financial Economics, Forthcoming.
- "Heterogeneous Innovations, Firm Creation and Destruction, and Asset Prices," with Lorenzo Garlappi and Patrick Gruning, June 2016, Review of Asset Pricing Studies, Volume 6, Issue 1, p. 46-87.
- "Corporate Innovations and Mergers and Acquisitions," with Kai Li, October 2014, Journal of Finance, Volume 69, Issue 5, p. 1923-1960.
"Pyramidal Ownership and the Creation of New Firms," with Hernan Ortiz Molina, May 2013, Journal of Financial Economics, Volume 108, Issue 3, p. 798-821.
Other Links & Info