Jenny Li Zhang
BBA,(Peking), MBA (Utah), PhD (Washington)
Associate Professor, Accounting and Information Systems Division
Office Henry Angus 373
Tel (604) 822-0791
- Financial reporting and disclosure
- Effect of managerial style on financial reporting
- Accounting issues related to special purpose entities (SPEs)
Courses Taught in 2018-2019
- Financial Accounting - Intermediate I (BCom)
- Advance Topics in Empirical Accounting Research (PhD)
Selected Recent Publications
- "What Are the Consequences of Board Destaggering?", co-authored with Weili Ge and Lloyd Tanlu, Review of Accounting Studies, 2016, Vol. 21 (3).
- "CEO Incentives and the Health of Defined Benefit Pension Plans", co-authored with Joy Begley, Sandra Chamberlain and Shuo Yang, Review of Accounting Studies, 2015, Vol. 20, No. 3.
- "The Effect of Manager-specific Optimism on the Tone of Earnings Conference Calls", co-authored with Angela Davis, Weili Ge and Dawn Matsumoto, Review of Accounting Studies, 2015, Vol. 20, No. 2.
- "Restoring the Tower of Babel: How Foreign Firms Communicate with US Investors", co-authored with Russell Lundholm and Rafael Rogo, The Accounting Reveiw 2014, Vol 89, Issue 4.
- "Do CFOs Have Styles of Their Own? An Empirical Investigation of the Effect of Individual CFOs on Accounting Practices", co-authored with Weili Ge and Dawn Matsumoto, Contemporary Accounting Research 2011, Vol. 28, No. 4.
Links and Other Information