BSc (Hebrew), MSc (Weizmann Inst for Sc), DSc (Technion, Israel)
CANFOR Professor in MIS
Professorship in Information Technology
Professor Emeritus, Accounting and Information Systems Division
Office David Lam 516
Tel (604) 822-8395
- Theoretical foundations and methodologies for systems analysis and design
- Information systems modelling
- Enterprise modelling
- Automation of systems development
- Methods to support business process redesign
- Human-computer dialogues
- Information economics and information requirements analysis
- Expert systems development
Selected Recent Publications
- P. Soffer, Y. Wand, M. Kaner (2015) “Conceptualizing Routing Decisions in Business Processes: Theoretical Analysis and Empirical Testing”, Journal of the Association for Information Systems, May 2015 345-393.
- P. Bera, A. Burton-Jones, Y. Wand (2014) “How Semantics and Pragmatics Interact in Understanding Conceptual
Models”, Information Systems Research, Vol. 25, No. 2, 2014, 401–419.
- I. Reinhartz-Berger, A. Sturm, and Y. Wand (2013) "Comparing Functionality of Software Systems: An Ontological Approach", Data and Knowledge Engineering, Vol. 87, September 2013, 320-338.
- J. Parsons, Y. Wand (2013) "Extending Classification Principles from Information Modeling to Other Disciplines", Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 14, Issue 5, May 2013, 245-273.
- D. Nevo, I. Benbasat, and Y. Wand (2012) "The Knowledge Demands of Expertise Seekers in Two Different Contexts: Knowledge Allocation Versus Knowledge Retrieval", Decision Support Systems, Vol 53, Issue 3, June 2012, 482–489.
Links and Other Information