BSc (Hons), PhD (University of East Anglia, UK)
Executive Director, Centre for Social Innovation & Impact Investing
Associate, The W. Maurice Young Centre for Applied Ethics (former Chair in Business Ethics at CAE)
Office Henry Angus 462
Tel (604) 827-4443
- Ethics of new and emerging technologies
- Emerging markets and institutions for carbon trading
- Social determinants of health
- GM crops and animals
Courses Taught in 2018-2019
- Impact Investing (BCom & MBA)
- Topics in Strategy and Economics (EMBA)
Selected Recent Publications
- Tansey, James and Michael Burgess. 'Conflation of classes in biotechnology'. Public Understanding of Science (2008), 17(4):. Impact factor: 0.978
- Ostry, A, S Maggi, James Tansey, James Dunn, Ruth Hershler, Lisa Chen and Clyde Hertzman. 'The Impact of Psychosocial Work Conditions on Mental Health among Western Canadian Sawmill Workers'. Canadian Journal of Community Mental Health. 25.2 (2006): 59 - 70.
- Tansey, James. 'Interactive Sustainability: An Introduction'. Integrated Assessment. (2006), Vol. 4, pp1-6.
- Arvai, Joseph L, Gavin Bridge, Nives Dolsak, Robert Franzese, Tomas Koontz, April Luginbuhl, Paul Robbins, Kenneth Richards, Katrina Smith Korfmacher, Brent Sohngen, James Tansey and Alexander Thompson. 'Adaptive management of the global climate problem: Bridging the gap between climate research and climate policy'. Climatic Change. 78.1 (September 2006): 217 - 225. Impact factor: 2.5
- James Tansey and Burgess, Michael. 2006, 'Complexity of public interest in ethical analysis of genomics: Ethical reflections on salmon genomics/aquaculture'. Integrated Assessment. 6.2 (2006): 37 - 57.
Links and Other Information