Vanessa M. Strike
MBA, PhD (University of Western Ontario)
CIBC Professorship in Applied Business Family Studies
Assistant Professor, Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources Division
Office Henry Angus 665
Tel (604) 822-9571
- Family Business
- Comparative Ownership
Courses Taught in 2018-2019
- Managing the Family Business (BCom)
- Qualitative Research Methods in OB (PhD)
Selected Recent Publications
- Strike, V.M., Harrington, B. (forthcoming). Between Kinship and Commerce: Fiduciaries and the Institutional Logics of Family Firms. Family Business Review. 2018.
- Strike, V.M., Michel, A. & Kammerlander, N. (2018). Unpacking the Black Box of Family Business Advising: Insights From Psychology. Family Business Review, 31(1): 80-124.
- Strike, V.M., Rerup, C. (2016). Mediated Sensemaking. Academy of Management Journal, 59(3): 880-905.
- Strike, V.M., Berrone, P., Sapp, S. & Congiu, L. (2015). A Socioemotional Wealth Approach to CEO Career Horizons in Family Firms. Journal of Management Studies, 52(4): 555-583.
- Van Essen, Strike, V.M., Carney, M. & Sapp, S. (2015). The Resilient Family Firm: Stakeholder Outcomes and Institutional Effects. Corporate Governance: An International Review, 23(3): 167-183.
Links and Other Information