BA (California Berkeley), MA PhD (Michigan)
Senior Associate Dean, Research
HSBC Professor in Asian Business
Professor, Strategy and Business Economics Division
Office Henry Angus 773
Tel (604) 822-8493
Personal Web Page
- International trade and trade policy
- International business
- The Japanese economy
- Industrial organization
Courses Taught in 2018-2019
- International Trade (BIE program)
Selected Recent Publications
- Head, K., Jing, R., Ries, J. (2017), "Import Sources of Chinese Cities: Order versus Randomness." Journal of International Economics, 105, 2017, 119-129.
- Lee, H.H., Ries, J. (2016), "Aid for Trade and Greenfield Investment." (with Hyun-Hoon Lee) World Development 84, 2016, 206-218.
- Baggs, J., de Bettignies, Ries, J. (2013). "Product Market Competition and the Returns to Talent." Journal of Economics & Management Strategy 22(3) 569-593, (published on-line April 26, 2013)
- Lee, S., Ries, J., Sommerville, T. (2013). "Repairs under Imperfect Information." Journal of Urban Economics 73, 43-56. (on-line publication October 30, 2012)
- Head, K., Ries, J., Mayer, T. (2010). "The erosion of colonial trade linkages after independence." Journal of International Economics 81(1), 1-14.
Other Links & Info