BSc (Jiaotong University), MA (Concordia), PhD (Toronto)
W.M. Young Chair in Finance
Professor, Finance Division
Senior Associate Dean, Equity and Diversity
Office Henry Angus (HA 874)
Tel (604) 822-8353
Personal Web Page
- Corporate governance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Shareholder activism
- Culture and finance
- Corporate innovation
Courses Taught in 2018-2019
- Mergers and Acquisitions (COMM 471) - Syllabus
- Mergers and Acquisitions (BAFI 507)
Selected Recent Publications
- Gao, H., P.-H. Hsu, K. Li, and J. Zhang. "The Real Effect of Smoking Bans: Evidence from Corporate Innovation," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis forthcoming.
- Li, K., J. Qiu, and J. Wang, "Technology Conglomeration, Strategic Alliances, and Corporate Innovation," Management Science forthcoming.
- Li, K., B. Qiu, and R. Shen, 2018. "Organization Capital and Mergers and Acquisitions," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 53, 1871-1909.
- Li, K., T. Liu, and J. Wu, 2018. "Vote Avoidance and Shareholder Voting in Mergers and Acquisitions," Review of Financial Studies 31, 3176-3211.
- Fos, V., K. Li, and M. Tsoutsoura, "Do Director Elections Matter?" Review of Financial Studies 31, 1499-1531.
- Gao, H., P.-H. Hsu, and K. Li. 2018. "Innovation Strategy of Private Firms," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 53,1-32.
Other Links & Information