Robert L. Heinkel
BS MBA (Cal-State, Hayward), PhD (California Berkeley)
Portfolio Management Foundation Professor in Finance
Professor, Finance Division
Office Henry Angus (HA 880)
Tel (604) 822-8347
- Theoretical and empirical studies of corporate behaviour due to market imperfections and theoretical and empirical studies of institutional investment management.
Courses Taught in 2018-2019
- Fixed Income Markets and Management (COMM)
- Intro to Capital Markets (COMM)
- Investment Policy (COMM)
Selected Recent Publications
- Goldberg, Michael and Heinkel, Robert, and Levi, Maurice, (2005) "Foreign Direct Investment: The Human Dimension" The Journal of International Money and Finance, 24 (6), 891-912.
- Barnea, Amir, Heinkel, Robert and Kraus, Alan, (2005) "Green Investors and Corporate Investment" Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, 332-346.
- Fisher, Adlai and Heinkel, Robert (2008) "Reputation and Managerial Truth-Telling as Self-Insurance" Journal of Economics and Management Strategy,17 (2), 489-540.
- Barnea, Amir, Heinkel, Robert and Kraus, Alan, (2013) "Corporate Social Responsibility, Stock Prices and Tax Policy," Canadian Journal of Economics.
Other Links & Info