BA (Kent), PhD (Carnegie-Mellon)
Van Dusen Professor of Business Administration
Professor, Strategy and Business Economics Division
Office Henry Angus 281
Tel (604) 822-8474
Personal Web Page
- Privatization and the effects of ownership on performance
- Contracting out and public-private partnerships
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Strategic management
Selected Recent Publications
- Vining, A., Boardman, A., Moore, M. "The Theory and Evidence Pertaining to Local Government Mixed Enterprises", Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics 85(1), 2014, 53-86.
- Moore, M., Boardman, A., Vining, A. "The Choice of the Social Discount Rate and the Opportunity Cost of Public Funds", Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis 4(3), 2013, 401-409.
- Moore, M., Boardman, A., Vining, A. (2013). "More Appropriate Discounting: The Rate of Social Time Preference and the Value of the Social Discount Rate", Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis 4(1), 1-16
- Boardman, A., Laurin, C., Moore, M., Vining, A. (2013). "Efficiency, Profitability and Welfare Gains form the Canadian National Railway Privatization", Research in Transportation Business and Management 6, 19-33
- Boardman, A.,Vining, A. (2012). "The Political Economy of Public-Private Partnerships and Analysis of their Social Value", Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, 83(2) 117-141.
Links and Other Information