BA (Macalester College), MA (University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana), PhD (University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana)
Professor in Leadership Studies: Gender and Diversity, Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources Division
Office ANSO 1323
Tel (604) 827-2759
- Gender and Diversity in Organizations
- Power and Status in Groups
- Work-Family Interface
Courses Taught in 2017-2018 [On Academic Leave]
Selected Recent Publications
- Berdahl, J. L., Glick, P. & Cooper, M. (2018). How masculinity contests undermine organizations, and what to do about it. Harvard Business Review.
- Berdahl, J. L., Cooper, M., Glick, P., Livingston, R. & Williams, J.C. (2018). Work as a masculinity contest. Journal of Social Issues, 74(3), 422-448.
- Glick, P., Berdahl, J. L. & Alonso, N. (2018). Development and validation of the Masculinity Contest Culture Scale. Journal of Social Issues, 74(3), 449-476.
- Williams, J. C., Berdahl, J. L. & Vandello, J. A. (2016). Beyond work-life 'integration.' Annual Review of Psychology, 67. 515-519.
- Berdahl, J. L., Uhlmann, E. L., & Bai, F. (2015). 'Win-win: Female and male athletes from more gender equal nations perform better in international sports competitions.' Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 56, 1-3.
Links and Other Information