Celebrating the Robert H. Lee Family.
Mark February 26, 2015 on your calendar for the business family event of the season: the annual Family Legacy Series Gala Dinner, proudly presented by UBC's Business Families Centre at the Sauder School of Business.
For sponsorship and gala inquiries contact:
An iconic Vancouver business gala, this annual event is an extraordinary opportunity to gain insight into the inner workings of some of Canada’s most successful businesses and the families who founded them. Running successfully since 2001, the Family Legacy Series has featured such enterprising families as The Beedie Family (2010), The Maclean Family (2011), The Stanton Family (2012), of Running Room fame, and most recently The Graham Family (2013) of Graymont Ltd.
With over a million family-owned firms in Canada responsible for more than 55% of Canada’s GDP, 50% of employment and 75% of job creation, business families are a powerful force in the Canadian economy. UBC Sauder School of Business committed to helping enterprising families address their most complex business challenges through the research, education and outreach activities of the Business Families Centre.
For sponsorship opportunities at next year's Family Legacy Series, please e-mail Mischa Ragona or call 604.827.4604.
- 2013 -- Graymont Limited: past President, CEO and Chairman Philip Graham and non-family executive and past President and CEO Bill Dodge describe how Graymont Limited became the second-largest lime producer in North America.
- 2012 -- The Stanton Family: owners of the Running Room Ltd., a retail empire including more than 111 stores in Canada and the United States.
- 2011 -- The McLean Family: owners of the McLean Group, one of BC's leading family-owned and operated conglomerates.
- 2010 -- The Beedie Family: owners of the Beedie Group, the largest landlord of industrial space in BC.
- 2009 -- The Foord Family: owners of Kal-Tire, Canada's largest independent car dealer.
- 2008 -- The Molson Family: owners of various businesses, most notably its Molson family of beverages.
- 2007 -- The Gillespie Family: owners of baking giant Bakers Delight, branded as COBS bread in North America.
- 2006 -- The Ted Rogers Family: continues to play an integral role in the dynamic Canadian media and telecommunications industries.
- 2004 -- The Shaw Family: owners of Shaw Cable and Corus Entertainment.
- 2002 -- The S.C. Johnson Family: owners of Johnson Wax, Raid, Zip Loc and other well-known products.
- 2001 -- The Mannix Family: an Alberta family with significant interests in mining, construction and real estate.