- How can I apply for B+MM Dual Degree?
Submit your Sauder B+MM Dual Degree online admissions application using your unique UBC student number. This includes the submission of a 90-second video essay in support of your application.
- How do I accept my offer for the B+MM Dual Degree program?
If you are a successful applicant, you will receive an admission email from Robert H. Lee Graduate School. Please follow the instructions stated in the letter to accept your offer for the B+MM Dual Degree program.
- What if I am not accepted into the Master of Management Dual Degree?
If your application to the B+MM Dual Degree is unsuccessful, you will receive an email stating the unfavorable decision.
- I’m a transfer Year 2 student. Am I eligible to apply?
You are eligible to apply, as you are currently a UBC Year 2 student. There are only selected undergraduate programs at UBC that qualify for the Dual Degree, so we encourage you to visit our website for more info: list of eligible UBC undergraduate degrees. Any transfer credit questions should be directed to enrolment services.
- How will this program help me after graduation?
Upon graduation, you will have:
- Essential knowledge in all business areas, from Marketing to Project Management to Entrepreneurship
- Practical work experience with the Community Business Project, where you'll have the opportunity to develop a business solution for a local not-for-profit organization
- A stand out resume, strong interview skills and the confidence to articulate your brand to future employers by receiving career development tools from UBC Sauder's Hari B. Varshney Business Career Centre.
- Unique insights gained from studying alongside students from faculties across UBC
- Do I need to take any per-requisite courses before starting the program?
No, we do not require you to study any business courses before being admitted into the program.
- What if I have a Minor in Commerce?
Students who have the equivalent of a Minor in Commerce from UBC or more (18+ course credits) are not eligible for the B+MM Dual Degree program. If you’ve completed 18 or more credits in Commerce, you may wish to check out our MBA program if you’re interested in a business degree from UBC Sauder in the future.
- What if I have less than 18 credits in Commerce? Can I have course exemptions made?
If you have less than 18 credits in Commerce courses from UBC, course credit exemptions cannot be made for B+MM Commerce courses. Students enrolled in the B+MM Dual Degree program must complete all required courses in order to be eligible to enter the MM portion of the degree and to graduate from the program.
For students entering the program in year 3 who have already taken UBC Commerce courses, there may be some overlap in the B+MM Dual Degree course content for similar Commerce courses. We are excited to see you excel in these courses and apply what you’ve learned from a fresh perspective in collaboration with your B+MM Dual Degree cohort.
- What is the structure of this program?
You will take 6 credits of Business courses designed for the B+MM Dual Degree students in your 3rd and 4th year, for a total of 12 credits. In the summer immediately after your undergraduate degree finishes you’ll enter the Master of Management program full time for a six-month period. See the program journey.
- How do I fit in all these credits into my existing undergrad curriculum?
The 12 credits you earn from the designated Commerce courses in your 3rd and 4th year can count as elective credits towards your undergraduate degree.
- Who is eligible to apply for this program?
The program is for current 2nd year UBC students, with a Cumulative Grade Point Average of 76% and above. Acceptance into the program is highly competitive and we are looking for outstanding students who have demonstrated exceptional leadership and academic skills.
- What happens to the B+MM Dual Degree program fee if I decide not to continue in the program?
If you choose to not continue with the B+MM Dual Degree program, please email email@example.com to request to be removed from the program. The refund policy for the BMM program fee follows the graduate tuition refund policy. Please keep in mind the deadline for withdrawing from the program because it can impact your fee assessment.
- If I choose to withdraw from my undergraduate classes, are the tuition fees I have paid refundable?
The undergraduate courses, including the B+MM Dual Degree Commerce courses, follow the undergraduate tuition refund policy. Please keep in mind the deadlines for adding or dropping courses because the date you withdraw from a course can impact both your finances and your academic record.
- When will I graduate?
This program will add another 6 months to your expected graduation date. So, if you expect to complete your Bachelor's degree in 4 years, you will graduate in 4.5 years. If you choose to go on exchange or co-op, or if your current faculty has a longer program term, you will start your Master of Management program after your graduate from your undergraduate degree. Regardless, you will graduate with both a Bachelor's degree from your current faculty and a Master of Management degree from Sauder given that you meet the academic progression requirements.
- If I complete my undergraduate degree earlier, when do I start my Masters of Management?
For students entering the program in September 2016, the earliest you may start your Masters of Management degree (assuming you finish your degree in 4 years) is summer 2018.
For students entering the program in September 2017, the earliest you may start your Masters of Management degree (assuming you finish your degree in 4 years) is summer 2019.
- Can I apply for a scholarship?
Yes! You will be considered once you submit your B+MM Dual Degree application.
- Can I meet someone for advising?
Yes! We would be happy to meet you and answer all your questions and concerns you may have regarding the program. Please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone (+1) 604-822-8422 or Toll Free (Canada & USA) 1-888-988-9895.