Applications are now being accepted for the position of:
Licensed Strata Property Manager
Firm Management Corp. is a fully licensed property management and commercial real estate company founded in 1993 as a family owned business. Firm Management has grown to become one of the largest Strata Property Management companies in Victoria, BC, and offers full management contracts to our clients. We take pride in our ability to provide professional service with care and respect.
We are looking for a full time permanent Licensed Strata Property Manager, who will care for and develop a portfolio of properties located on lower Vancouver Island. Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications, will include a vehicle allowance, and is negotiated while the portfolio is developed.
Firm Management Corp. also has an immediate opening for an individual who is presently living in Victoria and completing their Strata Property Management course, to be hired part time with Firm Management while they are doing the course as an unlicensed trainee, in order to gain experience toward becoming a competent and confident Strata Property Manager. The hours of work are flexible involving attendance at meetings in the evening on occasion. Our goal is to work together with licensed senior managers who can provide an excellent mentoring opportunity until the manager is licensed and can then be hired full time while taking on a portfolio, for Strata Property Management services. The responsibilities are in accordance with a list of Real Estate of BC Professional Standards Manual for unlicensed assistants. This position has no closing date at this time, and wage is negotiable based on part time employment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Facilitation or presentation experience an asset
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with office staff, tradespeople, strata council members and residents
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide excellent customer service in a high volume and face paced business environment
- Class 5 driver’s license
- RECBC Strata Management License is required
- Strata property management experience an asset
- Proficient in MS Office Software - Outlook, Quickbooks, Excel, DocMan experience an asset
Strata Property Management candidate will be responsible to:
- Assist and advise the strata councils on their role and responsibilities in understanding the Strata Property Act and other relevant legislation and how to apply the strata corporations bylaws an rules
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the common property and common assets as directed by the Strata Council
- Develop and prepare annual management and maintenance plans while working with Strata Councils and in accordance with the Strata Property Act
- Prepare annual strata budgets, ensure collection of fees, levies and all items on accounts are received and paid on time
- Review strata financials and prepare reports for council as required by the Strata Property Act
- Procure services required at the building by obtaining and analyzing quotes for council’s approval, verifying invoices, overseeing contractor work and coordination of special projects
- Work with the support teams in performing administrative functions (prepare notices, update building and owner information etc.)
- Other duties and projects may be assigned based on operational requirements and in accordance with the management services agreement
We will contact all applicants to confirm whether they have been selected for an interview or not.
Location of Firm Management
#200 – 1931 Mt. Newton X Road, Saanichton, BC, V8M 2A9
How to Apply
Please reply with a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Back to Current and Online Job Postings
Disclaimer: These job postings are for informational purposes only, and all contacts should be made to appropriate person listed in each posting. The Real Estate Division disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy of information, and this information should not be used as a basis for making financial or any other commitments.