Applications are now being accepted for the position of:
Lease Administrator Specialist
Note: To apply for this job please use this link
At BCLC, we play fair. We believe that playing fairly is a serious responsibility and an empowering opportunity. Our commitment to social, economic and environmental responsibility is central to all we do and captured in our slogan “Playing it Right”. From our LEED Metro Vancouver office, to our responsible gambling program, GameSense, we are committed to ensuring that we always consider the impact of our business on the people and communities of BC. At BCLC, we play for BC. We employ—directly and indirectly—almost 26,000 people in gambling operations, related government agencies and charities as well as support services.
At BCLC, we make it fun to be an adult. For close to 30 years, we’ve entertained customers with a chance to dream and have fun, while delivering revenue to the Government of BC for the benefit of British Columbians. During this time, we've evolved from a lottery corporation to a full-spectrum gambling entertainment company responsible for conducting, managing and operating lottery, casino, community gaming (bingo) and eGaming in BC. We strive to create outstanding gambling experiences and to have our games evolve with the player’s idea of excitement. For us, playing is not all about winning; it’s about entertainment.
The objective of the Lease Administrator Specialist role is to provide lease contract management expertise through timely, accurate and effective development, collaboration and negotiation to ensure the execution of complex real estate lease agreements. This role is responsible for providing expertise and advice relating to real estate lease contracts to internal stakeholders to proactively mitigate risk to BCLC.
The Lease Administrator is responsible for ensuring the execution of retail lease terms and conditions during the length of the agreement through internal and external stakeholders, as well as other business processes related to retail lease management, retailer compensation and retail sales operations. In addition, this role also manages a retailer financial database to execute retailer compensation reporting, working closely with the finance division to ensure consistency and adherence to corporate systems and procedures.
- In collaboration with the in-house legal team and Risk Management conducts complex review of small to medium lease contract terms and conditions, negotiates with landlord’s representative and obtains a final execution of lease contract.
- Provides specialized advice and solutions to the lease process to achieve minimum risk and maximize value to BCLC. Evaluates lease performance and determines course of action to proactively resolve complex real estate legal issues.
- Administers reconciliation management which includes the review and approval of landlord and retailer rental invoices, monthly rental payments of rents and year end reconciliations of the terms of the lease ensuring accuracy and liaising with accounting to execute.
- Responsible for internal lease reporting requirements to stakeholder groups.
- Responsible for the management & administration policy of lease documents.
- Responsible for the business licence and retailer insurance requirement processes for the retailer network.
- Manages retail sales retailer compensation program process. Manages and provides subject matter expertise for Access database administration.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- A degree or diploma in a Business or legal related discipline;
- 3 - 5 years of related experience in property management/retail leasing in tenant or landlord industry;
- Knowledge and experience of owning the execution and negotiation process of lease contracts and/or administration of lease portfolio. Ideally a combination of both;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Real Estate /Leasing Industry or contract management required;
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Excellent organization skills and proven ability to effectively multitask;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Excellent facilitation and stakeholder engagement skills;
- Strong negotiation skills ;
- Ability to work closely with others internally and externally in a highly collaborative environment;
- Ability to use initiative and work independently;
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong financial reconciliation skills
- Strong computer skills – MS Office suite including MS Access;
- SAP & Salesforce knowledge is an asset.
Please Note: This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Please Note: Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Back to Current and Online Job Postings
Disclaimer: These job postings are for informational purposes only, and all contacts should be made to appropriate person listed in each posting. The Real Estate Division disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy of information, and this information should not be used as a basis for making financial or any other commitments.