Applications are now being accepted for the position of:
The Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres (VSOCC) has been serving families with young children since 1995. In partnership with many others, we have worked to create a vibrant community for families. Today, VSOCC is the largest single-purpose non-profit organization providing licensed child care in B.C.
Do you want a rewarding hands-on position using your maintenance, supervisory, contract management and administration experience? Then this is the job for you!
The Facilities Coordinator schedules and monitors regular and preventative maintenance and repairs, provides oversight to ensure that all of our buildings are safe, clean and well maintained, and completes minor repairs. The Coordinator supervises staff and contractors, liaises with landlords, is responsible for maintenance and repair work, project management and has lead responsibility for building emergencies.
You will report directly to the Director of Property Management and Procurement, spending about 2/3 of your time on coordination /supervision and 1/3 on hands on repairs and maintenance tasks.
You will have experience overseeing and maintaining multiple locations, working with a wide range of trades and contractors, and you will have:
- A diploma / certificate in facilities management, building maintenance, property management or a combination of experience and training.
- At least 5 years of previous work experience in similar position.
- Experience scheduling and supervising staff and contractors.
- Experience with minor repairs and carpentry work.
- Experience, skills & knowledge related to building systems, maintenance, cleaning, security and services.
- Strong organization, time and general management skills.
- Strong supervisory and coordination skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication & interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge & experience with Microsoft Office (WORD, EXCEL & OUTLOOK).
- Work Safe Level 1 First Aid & WHMIS training.
- Current Class 5 driver’s license.
- Must have car / truck.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations is an asset.
Permanent full-time position: 37.5 hrs / week (some weekends and evenings will be required).
Starts: September 2016
We offer a very competitive compensation package including an excellent benefits plan.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume to:
Director of Properties & Procurement
Vancouver Society of Children’s Centres
200 – 1362 Seymour Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 3P3
Deadline for applications: August 24, 2016 at 4:30 pm
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Back to Current and Online Job Postings
Disclaimer: These job postings are for informational purposes only, and all contacts should be made to appropriate person listed in each posting. The Real Estate Division disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy of information, and this information should not be used as a basis for making financial or any other commitments.