Applications are now being accepted for the position of:
Grover, Elliott & Co. Ltd. is an established real estate appraisal firm located in Vancouver, British Columbia. Our team of accredited real estate appraisers has extensive experience in all types of property valuation, new project analysis, consulting and forensic appraisal.
The company has been exclusively involved with the professional practice of real estate appraisal, valuation, and consulting since 1969. Assignments have included every class of real property found in the metropolitan Vancouver area.
This position provides real estate research and support for the office and covers off on office administration and support as required. The successful candidate can expect a varied workday and works under minimal supervision, so good organizational and time management skills are required. This entry-level opportunity is effectively a Real Estate Appraiser trainee position.
Preferred Applicants will have
- Grade 12 graduation, supplemented by certificate, diploma or degree in an appropriate field, e.g., administration, business or economics.
- Registration in the Appraisal Institute of Canada’s education program as offered through UBC’s Sauder School of Business is an asset
- Excellent computer skills – the work requires routine operation of databases, Microsoft Office programs, Adobe, Photoshop, Microsoft Streets & trips, and on line research sites.
- Good written and verbal English skills
- Experience in office support, administration and book keeping is an asset
- A penchant for research and for details; real estate experience is helpful.
The incumbent typically will complete Appraisal Institute of Canada’s education program as offered through UBC’s Sauder School of Business.. We provide financial support for training in these programs, and for other related courses.
- Research into real estate transactions and record in appraisal reports and the company’s research database:
- Land titles, including searching of BC Online to obtain and summarize information on title transfers, title encumbrances and notations
- Property tax assessments, BC Assessment records
- Transaction information from MLS throughout BC, commercial data sources
- Physical property characteristics, from municipal and GIS sources
- Analysis of rental income and expenses
- Maintenance of Reports database
- Create and organize property PDF brochures, research and input ‘Leads” into Sales/Lease databases
- Source and file market reports from various sources, e.g., commercial real estate firms
- Assist in the formatting, binding, delivery and invoicing for appraisal reports, may include occasional typing.
- Reception duties as required
- Accounts Payable and Receivable*:
- Financial system entries, using Simply Accounting
- Work in conjunction with company bookkeeper & outside accountant
- Typing invoices and responding to clients enquiries
- Prepare bank deposits, post payments & liaise with company bank when necessary
- Manage invoices for contractor direct deposit payments
- Post payable invoices and prepare cheques on a timely basis
- Accounts receivable, prepare reminder notices, follow up phone calls & administer collections
- Process credit card payments
- Human Resources*:
- Track sick leave & vacation time for staff; update office calendar to reflect absences
- Track tuition and medical payments for staff
- Assist in hiring, drafting and advertising new job postings
- New and departing staff procedures and paperwork
- Update Appraisal Assistant Guidelines as needed
- Maintenance of Library database*
- Secretarial support*
- Organizing and maintaining President’s calendar and making appointments*
- Mail: Pick up, sort and distribute*
- Administrative paperwork, filing, report preparation, etc.*
- Event Planning for office social events:*
- Office Christmas lunch, birthday cakes, celebrations, new and departing staff events
- Arranging travel and accommodation for President and on occasion for other staff*
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and mail directed to President*
- Drafting and creating correspondence for a variety of purposes*
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings into subjects at President’s request*
- Organizing and attending meetings for staff*
- Ordering office supplies*
- Organize and file paperwork, documents and computer-based information.*
- Organize for maintenance and repair of office equipment*
- Provide office communication to staff via email etc.*
Note: * denotes duties required when to cover existing office administration people during vacation, illness and high activity.
Conditions of Work:
The position is an office position and the hours of work are typically 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. Applicants must be fit, because occasional heavy lifting of file boxes is a requirement. Extensive use of computers is a requirement. The position entails occasional local travel for training purposes.
The incumbent of this position works under limited supervision, with performance judged from on results. He or she must be capable of workload planning, self-direction and monitoring, and prioritizing efforts.
Pay & Benefits:
Compensation is competitive and takes the form of a wage and benefit package with medical and tuition reimbursement and holidays that exceed statutory requirements.
Starting pay is typically $36,000 to $42,000 per annum, depending on experience and education.
To apply for this position:
To apply for this position please send your cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com. No phone calls please
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
Back to Current and Online Job Postings
Disclaimer: These job postings are for informational purposes only, and all contacts should be made to appropriate person listed in each posting. The Real Estate Division disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy of information, and this information should not be used as a basis for making financial or any other commitments.