Applications are now being accepted for the position of:
Property Manager - Kelowna BC
We are in search of a Property Manager for a rapidly growing and well respected business in Kelowna, BC. Relocation required. This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
The Property Manager is responsible for the performance of the duties outlined below as associated with the management of an assigned portfolio of properties. The individual will work closely and cooperatively within the entire organization – residential, maintenance, accounting, construction, and leasing – to ensure appropriate and timely response to tenant and property requirements.
This individual must be competent in the interpretation and application of commercial lease agreements, and contract negotiation and administration. Strong written and verbal communication skills in a business environment will be critical, as will proficiency in Word, Excel, Adobe, and Yardi (or similar).
- Responsible for ensuring tenant satisfaction and loyalty through customer service initiatives, and consistent and appropriate communication with each tenant. Prompt response to inquiries and requests by way of formal correspondence, email, phone, and/or periodic meetings are expected. Coordination of incoming and outgoing commercial tenancies.
- Preparation of annual operating and capital budgets. Consistent review of the monthly financial statements to identify variances and trends that may require correction, and report as required. Ensure the timely collection of rent and other receivables in accordance with the lease and established company policy.
- Establish, maintain, and monitor property specific preventative repair and maintenance programs; recommend, coordinate and complete planned capital improvement programs. Obtain quotations, provide reasoned recommendations, and issue purchase orders as necessary.
- Routine inspection of properties to ensure a consistent standard of care in accordance with company objectives.
- Contract administration; ensure fair administration of lease agreements and service contracts.
- 2 – 5 years commercial property management experience required; some experience in strata and/or residential an asset.
- Formal education and/or property management designations preferred.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting practices, financial and analytical capabilities, capital planning, budgeting, and reporting.
- Experience in contract administration and negotiation required; project management skills and experience would be an asset.
- Must be able to multi-task and adjust priorities appropriately.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving; calm, confident and assertive.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel for Windows; Yardi Voyager experience (or similar property management/accounting software) would be beneficial.
- Occasional travel may be required.
How to apply:
Please send your most updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch with you. Please note that only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Back to Current and Online Job Postings
Disclaimer: These job postings are for informational purposes only, and all contacts should be made to appropriate person listed in each posting. The Real Estate Division disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy of information, and this information should not be used as a basis for making financial or any other commitments.