Applications are now being accepted for the position of:
Assistant Manager, Property Management/After-Care
Job location – Vancouver, BC
Status – Full time
Start Date – As soon as possible
Closing Date – March 31, 2013
Kenstone Properties is a boutique real estate development company in Vancouver, BC. Our main focus is to deliver multi-family residential homes of exceptional design to the modern, sophisticated buyer. We also manage a modest portfolio of commercial and residential properties to support our development activities.
The Assistant Manager position is customer-service oriented in service of two departments: Property Management (our tenants) and After-Care (our buyers). In the former, the role will be to manage the operational and financial performance of our holding properties, while building tenant relationships; in the latter, the role is to liaison with buyers via unit deficiency walkthroughs, and on-going warranty repairs. Key duties include:
- Fiscal management of each property: efficient sourcing of trades and other resources against operating budgets
- Optimization of cash flows for each property: mitigation of vacancies, market research, and identification of new revenue opportunities
- Primary correspondence with tenants and homeowners: effective communication, logged to the database
- Frequent travel: bank deposits, and identification/coordination of repairs
Bachelors and or related experience are preferred, but not required. Most importantly, successful candidates will show a demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning. Other qualifications include:
- Experience with Word and Excel; knowledge of Quickbooks is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written); proficiency with Mandarin is preferred (many of our buyers are of Chinese descent)
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously as a self-starter
- Ability to work independently, and within a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines without compromising accuracy and quality
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and the Home Warranty Insurance standards in BC are assets
- A valid BC drivers license
Working Conditions & Compensation
Duties are primarily performed in an office environment. Working hours are Monday to Thursday 9:00am to 5:00pm, Fridays 9:00am to 4:00pm. Compensation is commensurate with experience. A 3 month probation period precedes formal employment.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume in pdf or MS Word format as an email to email@example.com. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your interest.
Back to Current and Online Job Postings
Disclaimer: These job postings are for informational purposes only, and all contacts should be made to appropriate person listed in each posting. The Real Estate Division disclaims all responsibility for the accuracy of information, and this information should not be used as a basis for making financial or any other commitments.