BUSI 300 - Urban and Real Estate Economics
- LESSON 1: Themes, Variations, and Microeconomic Analysis
- LESSON 2: The Structure and Growth of Regional Economies
- LESSON 3: Urban Development
- LESSON 4: Land Market Fundamentals
- LESSON 5: A Monocentric City
- LESSON 6: Suburbanization, Subcentres, and Sprawl
- LESSON 7: Time and Urban Growth
- LESSON 8: Transportation and Congestion
- LESSON 9: Housing and Housing Markets
- LESSON 10: Real Estate Markets
- LESSON 11: Local Government and Land Use Regulation
Weekly multiple choice assignments: 10% of final grade.
Project 1: 20% of final grade.
This project requires that you choose one of three project options for a detailed and comprehensive report. Within the report, you will perform real-world research and field work in order to gain a better understanding of urban land economics concepts. SimCity 4, an urban land computer simulation game, can be used in completing one of the project options. Another of the options uses the Google Earth program extensively.
Project 2: 20% of final grade.
Project 2 is similar to Project 1 in that students must submit a comprehensive reports on one of three project options, all of which require a significant amount of research. One of the Project 2 options features creative use of SimCity 4 to enhance and manipulate urban land economics concepts.
Final exam: Multiple choice and short-answer, written questions: 50% of final grade.
See Table of Contents for the textbook for this course:
Urban and Real Estate Economics
Read Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about BUSI 300.