The Real Estate Division administers the Guided Case Studies (formerly Demonstration Reports) required for the Appraisal Institute of Canada's CRA and AACI designations. The writing of guided case studies tests the candidate's ability to apply appraisal theory in a practical situation.
The AIC establishes and actively maintains the content, rigour and evaluation of the guided case studies. The tutors and graders for the guided case studies are selected from a pool of experienced AACI designated members representing a variety of provinces across Canada. Wherever possible candidates are assigned a tutor from their own province.
Candidates should review the guided case studies information found in the links below.
CRA Designation. To meet the guided case studies requirement for the CRA designation, the following options are available:
- BUSI 398 Residential Property Guided Case Study
- AIC 399 Single Family Guided Case Study (no longer offered)
- BUSI 444 Comprehensive Case Study Examination equivalency (Please see this page for important information on this option)
AACI Designation. To meet the guided case studies requirement for the AACI designation, the following options are available:
- BUSI 499: Income Property Guided Case Study
- BUSI 497: Agricultural Guided Case Study