BAAC 501 Financial Statement Analysis I
BAAC 500 or a prior course in financial accounting approved by the instructor.
The focus of this course is on using the information contained in financial statements to evaluate a firm's profitability and risk. Topics covered:
- relative role of earnings and cash flow;
- understanding financial disclosure and its link to events within the firm;
- options available to management to manipulate accounting numbers;
- modifying accounting numbers for comparison;
- incorporating financial information that is typically excluded from financial statements.
Instructor Biography - Joy Begley
Course Outline - Class of 2018 (updated January 5, 2018)
Instructor Biography - Russell Lundholm
Course Outline - Class of 2019 (updated November 29, 2017)
This file requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download this free plug in, visit the Adobe web site and follow the on-screen instructions.