BAPA 550 Managerial Economics I
The purpose of this class is to help you to think logically about making money and more broadly, about making the world a better place and being happy. We will discuss the following topics:
- Optimization: the basics of making choices consistent with pursuing an objective
- Equilibrium: how we predict what will happen in a market with different people and firms who have different objectives.
- Rules for profit maximization by businesses
- How the aggregation of profit maximizing firms' behavior generates market supply
- How the interaction of consumers and firms creates a supply-demand equilibrium
- How different competitive environments affect prices, quantities, and firm profits
- How taxes and regulations are likely to affect market prices and quantities
Instructor Biography - Tom Davidoff
Course Outline - Class of 2019 (Updated July 19, 2017)
This file requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download this free plug in, visit the Adobe web site and follow the on-screen instructions.