Applicants can answer these questions in either numerical order or in essay format.
- Give your full name and proposed area of specialization.
- Please list any academic awards, achievements, honours or other distinctions you have received.
- Please state your professional work experience including the company [name], employment dates, and position.
- What research topics interest you? How has your prior academic training and/or work experience influenced your research interests?
- State your career plans. Describe how a PhD Program fits into these plans.
- Give a candid appraisal of your strengths and weaknesses with special reference to the qualities that will contribute to success in a doctoral program.
- Why do you wish to study at UBC? What other schools are you applying to?
- Please provide any other information which you think would be helpful in assessing your capabilities and motivation to do independent research at the doctoral level.
Please submit to:
Robert H. Lee Graduate School
Sauder School of Business
University of British Columbia
137-2053 Main Mall
V6T 1Z2 CANADA
Tel (604) 822-8366
Fax (604) 822-8755