Two references are required for all UBC MBA applicants. You are responsible for organising these references by providing us with your referees contact email address through the online application, and informing them that we will be contacting them for a reference. We will contact your referees directly by email.
Please provide contact information for referees who are prepared to provide a confidential report on your academic ability and professional qualifications and experience. Professional references are preferred.
Please choose referees who are able to provide specific answers to the following questions:
- How long have you known the applicant, and in what capacity?
- What do you consider to be the applicant's principal strengths and special talents?
- What are the applicant's weaknesses or areas in need of improvement?
- Comment on the applicant's style and interpersonal skills considering general attitude and confidence, ability to work under stress, and sensitivity to others.
- How has the applicant demonstrated managerial potential?
- How would you rate the applicant's achievements when compared to those of his/her peers?
Your referees must fill out the reference form online. Separate letters are not accepted.