- Understanding talent: the talent cycle, keys to talent retention, the leader’s role in talent management
- Attracting and engaging talent: becoming an employer of choice, the talent onboarding experience, anticipating talent needs, keeping talent engaged
- Developing talent: discovering and sustaining talent, charting career paths and setting objectives, performance reviews, reinvigorating talent and avoiding burnout
- Coaching talent: the coaching process, assessing coaching readiness, asking effective questions, anticipating coaching needs
- Empowering talent: assessing ability and motivation, adapting your leadership style to situational needs, maintaining drive, performance measurement, fostering a “talent culture”
Before the course, you will be asked to assess your talent development leadership style, and examine your relationships with talented team members. This pre-work will provide a real-world platform for you to apply the course material during the program.
This course is for leaders who are accountable for attracting and retaining talented employees. It is also for HR management professionals who wish to provide better talent management support to operational leaders.