- Identifying your personal negotiation style, its strengths and areas for improvement
- Styles and types of negotiation: how to choose among varying approaches and responses
- Analyzing the negotiation situation and deciding on an appropriate strategic approach
- Preparing for negotiation: establishing your objectives, priorities and limits
- Identifying and strengthening your power base
- Interests, issues and positions: assessing what you really need and avoiding positional traps
- How to open a negotiation effectively without giving away too much
- Managing two-party negotiations
- Managing team negotiations
- Managing complex multi-party, multi-interest negotiations
- Negotiating online
In this highly experiential program you will engage in exercises and cases as a vehicle for learning, and apply the course content to real-time problems designed to develop key negotiating skills. You'll also assess your skill set and receive feedback on your performance.
This program is relevant to anyone who negotiates but who lacks an overall framework of the negotiation process. The strategies and skills taught are generally applicable to any negotiation context.
"Business people negotiate with customers, management, unions, employees and sometimes with themselves. This course will help one master those skills. Anyone who wants to ensure career success by improving their negotiation ability should take it!"
Lower Mainland District Manager
E.B.Horsman & Son
"This class provided a great foundation and excellent real-life skills to enhance my negotiations learning. I had a lot of 'Aha!' moments and received a lot of great takeaways that will help me in negotiation situations back at work."
VP, Financial and Employee Services
Health Shared Services BC
"This program completely exceeded my expectations. The case study approach was very effective in providing a wealth of negotiating opportunities, and continually switching partners gave a real sense of how different negotiating styles can impact your own approach. Well done!"
Technology Transfer Manager
University of Manitoba
"The content of this program is highly relevant to my job and was delivered in a practical fashion for easy following and application."
VP & GM
Aggregates Lehigh Hanson Canada
"This course was a high-level, very professional and wholly practical learning experience. It deepened my understanding of the key issues in negotiation, and most importantly, it greatly increased my confidence and skill set levels."
Skookum Jim Friendship Centre