- Risk management framework: key risk factors, risk management maturity model, positive and negative risks
- Planning risk management: risk management levels and sizing, risk rulebook, key risk management tools
- Identifying risks: sources of risk, testing project assumptions and constraints, multiple combined uncertainties, documenting risk characteristics, risk identification tools, risk register
- Assessing risks: qualitative and quantitative analyses, prioritizing risks, probabilities of occurrence and consequences, risk assessment tools
- Planning risk responses: assessing risk tolerances, determining what actions to take and assigning responsibility, different types of response plans, realistic contingency planning, risk control
The action-learning format features simulated exercises in “real-world” business environments. Working in teams, you will apply the tools and techniques you are learning, and experience the process of collaborative planning firsthand.
As part of the workshop, you will receive 13 PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs).
This workshop is intended for risk managers, operational managers, project and program managers, PMO managers, team leaders who manage operations and/or projects in an organizational context, and any other manager who wants to improve business outcomes.
"This course provided just the right blend of content and instructor experience to make it relevant and worthwhile."
Director of Operations
Nisga'a Pacific Ventures LP
"This course was perfect. The instructor was very professional and had extensive knowledge of the content.”
"My objective for attending was to understand a formalized approach to risk management and to gain the confidence to apply industry-accepted tools and techniques on my return to the workplace. This objective was easily realized via the instruction of a clearly qualified lecturer whose experience within this field is without question, and by the well structured course material."
Deputy General Manager / Engineering Services
Marshall Aerospace Canada Inc.
"Denise is an experienced and knowledgeable instructor who has the ability to break down a complex subject and present it in an enjoyable format."
"This was a great course that is really applicable to a growing private sector company. Denise did a great job and I really liked using actual businesses to build case studies."
"This was a good high-level summary on risk management principles and processes, suitable for many different skill and experience levels."