- Procurement management framework: procurement life cycle, key roles, procurement organizations, contract definitions and purposes, contract types, risk transfer, common constraints and legal issues
- Planning procurements: building your evaluation team, needs analysis, stakeholder expectations and requirements mapping, developing the procurement management plan and procurement Statement of Works, identifying suppliers, drafting legal tendering documents, defining selection criteria and weights, creating the Supplier Evaluation Model
- Conducting procurements: the bidders’ conference, evaluation techniques, short-listing and selecting suppliers, ensuring due diligence and an equitable process, negotiating
- Administering procurements: managing supplier performance and relationships, amending contracts and managing change, the dispute process
- Closing procurements: auditing, settling contracts, early termination
The action-learning format features group discussion and simulated exercises in “real-world” project environments. Working in teams, you will apply the tools and techniques you are learning, and experience the process of collaborative planning firsthand.
As part of the workshop, you will receive 13 PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs).
The workshop is intended for anyone involved in procurement: i.e. purchasing managers and agents, those involved in the supply chain, project managers, team leaders, vendor or product evaluation/selection team members and program managers who want to put the concepts and techniques of effective contracting into practice.
“This course was invaluable; I definitely recommend it! It covers the procurement and contract management process from start to finish and can be applied in many job situations. Denise is a great instructor and makes it a fun learning environment.”
Lead, Contracts & Travel Services
"An excellent course for understanding contract procurement."
Black Tie Properties
"Here you learn what mistakes are done during routine work in the procurement process. It clears lots of questions about what we do and why it is required to do so."
"Denise was an excellent presenter, knowledgeable with extensive real-life experience. She was open to questions and discussion as required. I would be more than pleased to take another course taught by her!"
Regional Energy Manager
Fisheries & Oceans Canada
"An excellent overview of how to run a fair, equitable process where due diligence can be illustrated to keep you out of legal hot water."
"This program exceeded my expectations. I learned practical, useful methods from an expert in the field that I can use with confidence."
B2B Sales & Marketing Consultant
"This course met all of my expectations and without doubt was a positive experience in relation to our organization's objectives. Denise was exceptional, her direct approach coupled with her own real life experiences enabled us to understand the course content more clearly. Overall a fantastic job--from the venue, to the course framework and content--and the icing on the cake--to the course instructor."