- Presenting as a leader: the link between communication and leadership, presenting with purpose
- Using the Leader’s Script® to build your presentation: defining your topic and objectives, focusing your message, building a logical structure, selecting your call to action, creating an outline for your presentation
- Presenting ideas through PowerPoint: when to use visuals, moving from script to slides, building visuals, storyboarding the outline of your presentation
- Presenting with a leader's presence: projecting confidence through eye contact, pace, voice, expression, body language and tone, creating a lasting impression, delivering your presentation
- Mastering Q&As: best practice Q&A techniques, applied practice in Q&A sessions
- Presenting on the fly: distilling a long presentation into a short story, creating a 30 second script
Three-quarters of the program is spent in small groups, where you will create scripts, work on presentation delivery and practice handling Q&As sessions.
Note: while every course from The Humphrey Group is unique, there will be overlap in the communications methodology that underpins the learning. Please speak to an advisor at 604.822.8400 if you plan to attend this after taking a previous Humphrey Group course.
Business managers and professionals who want to present their ideas with clarity and conviction, to inspire others to act on them.
"An excellent, practical course that anyone, at any level, can benefit from!"
This was one of the best courses I have ever taken. I left the course feeling far more confident in my abilities as a presenter and leader.”
“This program offered effective and clear advice on how to maximize communication opportunities, with a focus on presentations but applicable in most interactions. Useful tools, a variety of tactics and an abundance of practical tips - I will be applying what I've learned frequently in the future.”
Director of Operations
BC Innovation Council
“A great hands-on way to look at presentations and public speaking. The mix of theory and practice was ideal and I enjoyed hearing the real-world stories from the instructors and my fellow classmates. Seeing oneself presenting on video was very powerful too. I enjoyed these two days.”
Vice President & General Manager
Concord Security Corp.
“I very much enjoyed this course, learning how to better interact with an audience, to inspire thought-provoking meetings or presentations.”
Dan MacDonald, P. Eng.
MSE Divisional Manager
“This is a transformational course, bringing great added-value in the business world but also in day-to-day life. In a nutshell, every communication is an opportunity to shape beliefs and inspire a call to action! Strongly recommended.”
Customer Engagement Strategies Manager
Port Metro Vancouver
“Presenting as a Leader was a complete program on helping leaders to understand and deliver presentations. It provided a tip-to-tail structure and material to get better on a critical component of leadership.”
Manager of Business Services
Workers’ Compensation Board
"I received some valuable tools and techniques that I can employ in my everyday communications. After completing the course, I feel confident in delivering my message. Thanks for a great two days."
Director, Risk Management
Vancity Credit Union
"This was one of the most useful professional development courses I have taken. I am confident that I will use the tools and techniques that I learned throughout my career."
Director, Western Canada