- Marketing communication fundamentals: components of a marketing communication program, positioning statements, developing segmentation and communication targets and aligning them with positioning
- The brand wheel: pros and cons of different communication vehicles, using the conversation prism and other graphics
- The creative brief: targeting and building a great brief, how to get good work out of the brief
- Creating a campaign idea and drafting creative materials: planning, creating, developing and executing various types of advertising and marketing communication
- Implementation: how to think about media planning, tracking communication effectiveness, making changes
You will apply the material to in-class examples, and engage in skill-building exercises and experience-sharing sessions.
Managers in the marketing, public relations or business development field who create or evaluate marketing communications, manage others in those roles, or hope to move into these roles in the future.
In a world in which everyone is a communicator through Facebook and blogs, this course is particularly useful to entrepreneurs or anyone engaged in entrepreneurial activities.
“Ann was a dynamic, engaging instructor who was able to weave real-life examples in real time. The case studies used were relevant and interesting and the course objectives were clear throughout. I very much look forward to applying the skills and insights learned to my daily work and life.”
Port Metro Vancouver
"The marketing communications course provided skills that will allow me to do my job better. Management tools were provided that can allow me to better manage tasks and at the same time identify marketing objectives, target markets and find ways to achieve higher sales and greater success."
Regional Vice President
Heritage Education Funds
"The instructor was very knowledgeable; I felt she was there to truly help us learn and succeed. The mix of theory and practical was great as was the pace of the class. I will definitely recommend this course to others."
"Ann is a very experienced marketing professional who does a wonderful job applying her real-world experience in a classroom setting. She is an engaging speaker who holds the attention of the class, providing customized examples and bringing the theory to life."
"Taking this course gave me a lot--not only the skills of marketing communications but also the understanding of different cultures. I will be able to apply the new skills I have learned at work."