- Assessing your personal leadership style, strengths and areas for development
- Identifying other styles, demonstrating adaptability when working with diverse styles
- Communicating assertively and tactfully: techniques for managing up, down and sideways, formulating an outcome-based message, listening with empathy
- Influencing others at all levels: appealing to diverse styles for buy-in and commitment, responding to challenging people who have greater authority than you
- Managing disagreement: understanding your personal triggers, how to be soft on the person and hard on the problem, addressing resistance non-defensively
- Making positive changes: changing the way you view your role, identifying proactive ways to take the lead, developing an effective leadership action plan
The primary focus of this course is on developing your self-awareness and increasing your personal leadership fluency. To this end, you will engage in self-assessment questionnaires, hands-on exercises, dialogue sessions and guided feedback from the course instructor.
Executive assistants, office administrators and administrative assistants, coordinators, customer service representatives, clerks and record-keepers, and other administrative staff
“I enjoyed this program, and will make use of the tools I've learned. It gives me more confidence to fulfill my role and become a great leader."
Administrative Assistant, Housing/Community Relations
Gingolx Village Government
"This was an incredible course that I would recommend to anyone in the admin professional field. I went in not knowing what to expect, and left feeling more confident as a leader and equipped with the skills to succeed."
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
"I really enjoyed this course. The instructor was very patient, knowledgeable, fun, and got the point across. It will help me improve both my personal and professional relationships. I wish everyone in my office could take it!”
Government of British Columbia
"Great course material and instructor! She makes the learning environment fun for everyone. I left with knowledge that I will use in my workplace to achieve my next career goals."
Nisga'a Pacific Ventures LP
"Once again, Gail proved what an excellent instructor she is. The course material was informative and the group participation enables attendees to witness first-hand the leadership styles prevalent among the group. I would certainly recommend this course to anyone who wishes to become more productive in a diverse work environment.”
Red Deer College
“It is amazing when you learn something new that suddenly puts all or most of the dots together and you know what you need to do to reach new heights.”
Project Management/Change Management Coordinator
"I have taken part in many courses in my 15 year career as an administrative professional and I would have to say that this was the most effective one I have attended."
University of Saskatchewan
"This is a 'must attend' course for every administrative professional at all levels of an organization. The wealth of information gained from Gail's facilitation is invaluable. I will be putting into practice everything I have learned the minute I get back to the office."
RBC Global Asset Management
"This course was a great way to lay the foundations for the Administrative Professional's Certificate and to gain crucial knowledge to bring back to my workplace."