- Where power comes from in organizations
- Recognizing when it is necessary to use (and not use) power
- Analyzing your own personal power and influence styles
- Assessing the strengths and drawbacks of your style
- Controlling, sharing and leveraging critical resources
- Gaining influence through information and communication
- Influence tactics that really work in organizational, marketing and interpersonal contexts
Everyone has had unique personal experiences with influence and power, and these experiences will be a vital part of this program. You will have opportunities to share your experiences through small group exercises, free-flowing discussion and structured consulting.
This course is intended for managers, supervisors and specialists who want to increase their effectiveness in getting things done. It is also relevant to those who rely on their ability to persuade others--e.g. sales, marketing or public relations professionals.
"The Influential Manager is an excellent course. The instructors are energetic, knowledgeable and provide examples and real-life stories that relate to what they are teaching. I highly recommend the course if you are a manager interested in learning, networking and sharing ideas. This course has it all."
Director of Human Resources
Westcoast Family Centres Society
"This course helped me understand the difference between power and influence in the workplace; when and how to use each of them and when not to. I enjoyed the course leaders' teaching styles and the interactive sessions where we were able to use the information from the course in practical situations."
"The instructor was easy to engage and presents the material very well."
"The group activities were also fantastic; it was great to be able to build networks and apply the concepts we were learning."
Internal Communication Specialist
The Forzani Group