- Strategies and styles of effective facilitation: best and worst practices
- Engaging participation: managing dynamics within a group, techniques for large and small group interaction, creating the right meeting context
- Facilitating effective decision making: increasing accountability, best practices for effective decision making, conditions for building consensus
- Leading productive meetings: matching the meeting type to the desired result, creating agendas that lead to the right outcomes, action planning that gets results
- Fostering constructive conflict: identifying sources of conflict, the five basic styles of managing conflict, encouraging constructive conflict
- Facing challenges in facilitation: initiating risky conversations, responding to silence and interruptions, generating trust and commitment rather than compliance
You will gain valuable hands-on experience by engaging in targeted skill-building exercises, and receive feedback from the course leader.
This course is designed for anyone directly engaged in facilitating meetings or gatherings of groups who need to work collectively to achieve results.
“This is a great course for anyone who wants to take leadership and meeting organization to the next level. The format allows for hands-on practice of facilitation skills; it also provides great skills that can be used no matter what role you fill in your organization. I used some of the skills learned in meetings the very next day, with great results and increased engagement!"
United World Transportation
"The instructor has a wealth of experience and the format was an excellent balance of instruction and participation. The group activities effectively demonstrate the value of facilitation methods in real-world situations."
Continuous Improvement Coordinator
"The course was very well organized and is full of practical techniques to apply in the work environment. It exceeded my expectations by far."
Operations Project Leader
Asco Aerospace Canada Ltd.
"An excellent course with valuable facilitation and meeting planning insights that will make a significant difference in your very next meeting."
Global Human Development
“The group dynamics were most beneficial.,, they allow you to exchange ideas at different levels in a safe and open environment. Exceptional all around.”
Allteck Line Contractors Inc.