Coaching vs. mentoring, training and directing
- Creating self-awareness: the language, mood and physical presence of a coach, your natural coaching strengths and challenges
- Structuring a coaching conversation: key elements of the coaching process, setting the right context
- Overcoming the pitfalls of coaching: how to collaborate without losing control, being comfortable with silence, speaking from gut instinct
- Designing powerful open-ended questions that create learning
- Putting coaching skills to work: the “enemies of learning”, the three levels of listening, facilitating accountability and commitment in others, coaching practice and demonstrations
- Assessing coachability: how employee circumstances require different coaching styles, coaching for development, performance and excellence
You will complete an online self-assessment of your natural communication preferences called Insights Discovery. You will then use your personal profile to identify your natural strengths and challenges as a coach.
You will also observe a live coaching demonstration by a professional executive coach and get on-the-spot feedback on your coaching.
This program is for senior managers, executives and other experienced business leaders who would like to develop their coaching skills and behaviours in order to boost individual and organizational performance.