- Understanding the fundamentals of business analysis: PMI® project management processes, phases and life cycle, Business Analyst roles/core competencies, requirement types, IIBA® knowledge areas
- Analyzing business opportunities: feasibility studies, affinity diagrams and decision tree analysis, return on investment models, preparing the business case
- Analyzing stakeholders: defining stakeholder roles and responsibilities, categorizing stakeholders, developing a stakeholder matrix
- Analyzing requirements: creating the requirements document, eliciting, prioritizing and documentation techniques, validating with stakeholders, mapping requirements to business strategy and benefits, project scope statement
- Managing requirements with stakeholders: ensuring customer involvement, implementing customer feedback and change control processes, problem solving, managing stakeholder communications
This hands-on workshop includes simulated exercises of real-world business and project environments. You will also receive the IIBA® Business Analysis Book of Knowledge (BABOK® Guide).
The course is aligned to the Project Management Institute's and the International Institute of Business Analysis' standards. As part of the workshop, you are eligible to receive 13 PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs) or 13 IIBA® Continuing Development Units (CDUs).
Attendees include Business Analysts, Systems Analysts and IT Professionals, Project Managers and Team Leads, Customers and Users, and others who want to enhance their ability to analyze business options and solutions.
"Great course and amazing instructor. Denise has years of real project experience so she teaches practical knowledge you can't learn from reading a book. There's so much you can learn because of the wealth of knowledge and experience the instructor has with real projects and the well thought out curriculum. Highly recommended for those just starting out as a Business Analyst, as well as those with experience."
Operations Process Lead
"The course leader did an excellent job of laying a solid foundation for business analysis. I would definitely recommend this course to others."
Connor, Clark & Lunn
"I will be able to apply the tools and techniques I learned in this course immediately back on the job."
Coast Mountain Bus Company
"The course leader demonstrated a good balance of teaching techniques, with well prepared material and practical exercises."
Metrics and Reporting Officer
Interior Health Authority
"This is one of the most impressive courses I have ever participated. I gained a lot that can be put into practice of my career."
“The course contained useful skills I can use to improve my abilities in my future career.”
"This course provided a great deal of high level information regarding Business Analysis; exactly what I was expecting."
"Denise brought her wealth of knowledge to this course and these real-world examples really helped drive home the material."