The Accelerated Digital Marketing Diploma Program is designed to provide you with specialized, hands-on digital marketing communications skills in a condensed time frame.
The program focuses on the latest industry practices in digital marketing, including social media marketing. Courses are designed and taught by industry professionals working in this field and who have experience in adult education.
Here are some of the skills and experience you can expect to gain:
- Social media marketing campaign development
- Digital campaign measurement
- Planning and executing content marketing initiatives
- User experience fundamentals
- Digital project management, including stakeholder relations and team dynamics
- Writing persuasive copy
- Digital storytelling
- Digital and social technologies and applications
The Accelerated Digital Marketing Diploma Program was developed in collaboration with local industry professionals and digital leaders to ensure that the most relevant skill, topics, and technologies are taught.
The result is a streamlined, yet comprehensive program that prepares you to advance your career in digital marketing communications.
Program Core Courses:
- Introduction to Digital Marketing Communications
- Brand Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Project Planning
- Content Strategy
- Online Promotions
Specialized Topics May Include:
- Social Media Platforms and Tools
- Marketing Technologies – CRM and Email
- Social Video
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Developing Your Professional Online Identity
- Pitching and Presenting
Who It's For
Consider this program if you are:
- seeking to bridge your post-secondary education with current digital marketing practices and experience.
- early in your advertising, communications, marketing, or public relations career and want to ensure you have the most relevant skills to move into a digital marketing role.
If you are more advanced in your career and want to boost your digital skills, consider the UBC Certificate in Digital Content and Communications or the UBC Certificate in Digital Strategy.
The program's instructors are trailblazers and leaders in digital marketing and communications. They bring a wealth of practical industry experience, knowledge and insight into market practices and trends.
Before applying to this program, please read the program handbook.
The admission process helps ensure that the needs, intentions, and expectations of participants are adequately matched to the program's objectives.
If you meet the admission requirements outlined here, you can apply to the program by filling out and submitting an online application form. Please attach supporting documents in your application.
A limited number of applicants are admitted to the Accelerated Digital Marketing Diploma Program. Meeting minimum requirements does not ensure admission to the program. This is a fast-paced, intensive, and challenging program; it is designed for those who have some experience with digital and social technologies. Students should also have the following skills and experience:
- Post-secondary education (college or university)
- Basic familiarity with social media platforms (e.g., Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Fluency in English, and strong skills in written and oral business English*
As space in the Accelerated Digital Marketing Diploma Program is limited, information in your application and supporting documents should be completed as thoroughly and thoughtfully as possible. A telephone interview with program staff is also required.
*Assumes English 12 with C+ or higher, or IELTS 6.5 or equivalent for international applicants. Find out more about acceptable English language tests and minimum scores.
We continually process applications for the Accelerated Digital Marketing Diploma Program. There is no cost to apply. Tuition is only payable once an applicant has been ACCEPTED into the program.
Tuition is $8,300 CAD. Please note: A non-refundable deposit of $500 CAD is due upon acceptance in the program to reserve your spot.
Option 1: Early Registration (10% discount) --- Total Tuition $7,470 ($500 Deposit + $6,970 Balance)
$500.00 - Due upon acceptance into program
$6,970.00 - Due by 12:00pm (PST) on July 16th, 2018
Option 2: Standard Registration --- Total Tuition $8,300 ($500 Deposit + $7,800 Balance)
$500.00 - Due upon acceptance into program
$7,800.00 - Due by 12:00pm (PST) on August 13th, 2018