The Ch’nook Scholars Program
The Ch’nook Scholars program gives Aboriginal post-secondary business students the tools and connections you need to succeed in your studies and careers, as well as a range of other benefits.
The program compliments your post-secondary business education and works to develop your leadership skills and business knowledge. Ch’nook Scholars receive the benefits of the knowledge and advice from current industry leaders, and are also able to contribute to the success of the next generation by participating in mentorship events with high school students.
- $2,000 in scholarships
- Expense-paid attendance to two Provincial Gatherings
- Business cards, professional head-shots and a professional bio edit
- 1-year CANDO membership
- Opportunity to attend conferences and talks through partnership scholarships
- Opportunity to meet with industry professionals and network with other Scholars
- Detailed reference letter outlining their accomplishments through the program
- Access to Ch'nook facilitated paid-internship programs
- Eligibility for support for math/financial tutoring
Who is the program for?
Ch’nook Scholars is open to Aboriginal students studying full time in a business program at a college or university in British Columbia and is inclusive of status and non-status First Nation, Inuit and Métis students.
- Application Deadline – Midnight September 25th, 2016
Applications now open
- Gathering #1 – UBC First Nations Longhouse in Vancouver on Friday, October 21st – Sunday, October 23rd, 2016
- Gathering #2 – TRU in Kamloops TBA