AMP selects bright, talented, enthusiastic Aboriginal people (First Nation, status, non-status, Métis and Inuit) who are committed to a high level of achievement in their academic, personal, professional and community lives. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The program welcomes applicants from individuals with five or more years of work experience and a strong desire to start and manage their own or their band’s business activities, or enhance their managerial skills and abilities. Applicants should meet the following prerequisites:
- Five or more years of work experience
- Usually you will have completed grade 12 and/or have post-secondary education
- A strong motivation to learn about business, start/expand a business or to strengthen managerial capacity within organizations
- A willingness to contribute to classroom discussions, assignments and teamwork
- A previous course on business plan development