"Propelling Social Ventures 2014: from ideas to impact," hosted by Sauder's Coast Capital Savings Innovation Hub, will bring together social entrepreneurs, the business community, policy makers and innovators to explore how social ventures are developing from ideas to real impact in British Columbia, Canada, and beyond.
This year's event features key speakers Daniel Epstein, co-founder of Unreasonable Group, and Ken Banks, founder of kiwanja.net and FrontlineSMS.
DATE: April 15, 2014
LOCATION: Roundhouse Community Centre, 181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2W3
- 8:00AM - 9:00AM Registration and continental breakfast
9:00AM - 9:15AM Welcome and introductions
- 9:15AM - 10:00AM Opening Keynote: Daniel Epstein
- 10:00AM - 11:00AM Session #1: Entrepreneurs' Journeys from Idea to Impact
- 11:00AM - 11:30AM Coffee Break
- 11:30AM - 12:30PM Session #2: The Public Sector and Social Innovation
- 12:30AM - 13:30PM Lunch and networking
- 13:30PM - 14:30PM Session #3: Demystifying Impact Investing
- 14:30PM - 15:30PM Session #4: Local ideas for impact: Solutions for healthier lives
- 15:30PM - 16:00PM Coffee Break
- 16:00PM - 16:45PM Social Venture Showcase
- 16:45PM - 17:30PM Closing Keynote: Ken Banks
- 17:30PM - Closing remarks and reception
Note: This agenda will be updated as speakers are confirmed.
Click here to register
THIS EVENT IS OPEN TO SAUDER AND UBC STUDENTS