If you are passionate about social change and sustainability, love story telling and are social media savvy, we would love to hear from you!
We are currently looking for communication volunteers who can help us document and share the stories of the people, the impact, and the moments that make up the Centre for Social Innovation & Impact Investing and the Coast Capital Savings Innovation Hub!
This documentary communication volunteer position would involve conducting personal interviews, writing, blogging photography, video production, and/or graphic design. The volunteers will have the flexibility to choose a particular method to creatively display their observations and experiences.
These roles provide an excellent opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience working with social ventures in an entrepreneurial environment
- Gain insights about the core research themes at Sauder S3i: Low Carbon economy, Social Economy, and First Nations Economic Development with First Nations
- Gain experience creatively communicating impactful stories
- Gain experience working in an innovative (pretty awesome) office environment
- Conducting interviews with Sauder S3i research managers, Coast Capital Savings Innovation Hub social ventures, interns and team members
- Creating weekly blog posts
- Researching background information, trends and news stories related to weekly blog post
- Developing a tweeting strategy
- An undergraduate degree
- Interest and experience working/studying in communications and social media is an asset
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Portfolio of work or links to your professional online profiles (Blog, Linkedin, Twitter)
- Interest in sustainability, social ventures and/or entrepreneurship
- Working knowledge of video production and/or graphic design is an asset but not required (depending on what kind of creative communication you focus on)
Timeline: Immediate and ongoing throughout the year
Time commitment: 12 Hours/month
Application: Please apply with a resume and cover letter. Applications should be emailed to: SauderS3i@sauder.ubc.ca
Application Deadline: Ongoing