Term: Approx. April 30-August 31, 2013
Status: Full-time temporary (35-40 hrs/week)
Pay rate: TBD
- Internal interaction – the Technical Analyst will interact mainly with the project team composed of the master’s student, other Technical Analysts (if applicable), the Project Advisor, Faculty Advisor, COE staff and Managing Director.
- External interaction – the Technical Analyst may be required to attend site visits to the industry partner’s locations, where he/she may participate in data collection, meetings and other activities.
The assignment will involve supporting industry projects through one or more of the following activities:
- Performing data collection and analysis
- Designing, developing, populating and maintaining databases
- Designing and developing decision support prototype tools using Visual Basic for Applications
- Assisting in model development, such as simulation, optimization, forecasting or other mathematical and systems modeling
- Assisting in documentation related to the analysis, models, tools, and project reporting
- Any other activities related to the execution of COE industry projects as required
Work under general guidance from the Managing Director, and by delegation, the Project Advisor(s).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Registered university student in a quantitative undergraduate or graduate program
- Experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), MS Access or SQL, MS Excel (intermediate to advanced level)
- Computer programming skills are an asset
- Good communicator, strong English writing skills, a self-starter, self-motivated and focused
- Ability to multitask and set priorities for support requests
- Ability to solve problems and learn independently
Work Environment / Conditions
The COE provides an open office environment. Work is based on UBC campus but it also involves off-site travel for data collection, meetings and events within the Lower Mainland and possibly elsewhere within BC. Work usually lies within office hours but the ability to incorporate a varied workday is necessary.
Application deadline: We expect to fill these positions by the end of February. Please submit your resumes as soon as possible, because a first review of applicants will occur on February 10th.
Submit your cover letter, resume and a copy of your transcripts to the COE Program Manager.
Back to Careers