BA (SFU), MA (Waterloo), PhD (UBC)
Professorship in Consumer Insights, Prosocial Consumption, and Sustainability
Professor, Marketing and Behavioural Science Division
Office Henry Angus 581
- Social Influence
- Social Marketing
- Prosocial Consumption
- Corporate Social Responsibility
Courses Taught in 2017-2018
- Not teaching this academic year.
Selected Recent Publications
- Bhargave, R., Mantonakis, A., and White, K. (2016) “The Cue-of-the-Cloud Effect: When Cues of Online Information Availability Increase Purchase Intentions and Choice,” Journal of Marketing Research, 53, (5), 699-711.
- White, K., Lin, L., Dahl, D.W. Ritchie, R. (2016).“When do Consumers Avoid Imperfections? Superficial Packaging Damage as a Contamination Cue”, Journal of Marketing Research53(2), 110-123.
- MacDonnell, R. and White, K. (2015).“How Construals of Money Versus Time Impact Consumer Charitable Giving”, Journal of Consumer Research, 42(4), 551-563.
- Allard, T., and White, K., (2015). “Cross-Domain Effects of Guilt on Desire for Self-Improvement Products”, Journal of Consumer Research, 42(3), 401-419.
- White, K., Simpson, B., Argo, J. (2014), “The Motivating Role of Dissociative Outgroups In Encouraging Positive Consumer Behaviors”, Journal of Marketing Research, 51 (4), 433-447.
Links and Other Information