B.Sc. (Shanghai Jiao-Tong University),
M.Sc., PhD (University of British Columbia)
Vancouver International Airport Authority Professor in Air Transportation
Professor, Operations and Logistics Division
Office Henry Angus - HA 469
Tel (604) 822-8420
- Transport Economics and Policy
- Air Cargo Logistics
- Industrial Organization
Courses Taught in 2017-2018
- Logistics and Operations Management (BCom)
- Maritime and International Transportation (BCom)
Selected Recent Publications
- Ha, H.K., S. Kaneko, M. Yamamoto, Y. Yoshida and A. Zhang (2017), “On the discrepancy in the social efficiency measures between parametric and non-parametric production technology identification,” Journal of Air Transport Management, 58, 9-14.
- Jiang, C., Y. Wan and A. Zhang (2017), “Internalization of port congestion: Strategic effect behind shipping line delays and implications for terminal charges and investment,” Maritime Policy & Management, 44(1), 112-130.
- Yuen, A., A. Zhang, YV Hui, L.C. Leung and M. Fung (2017), “Is developing an air cargo airport in the hinterland the way of the future?” Journal of Air Transport Management, 61, 15-25.
- Xia, W. and A. Zhang (2016), “Effects of air and high-speed rail transport integration on profits and welfare: The case of air-rail connecting time,” Journal of Air Transport Management, forthcoming.
- Wang, K., W. Xia, and A. Zhang (2017), “Should China further expand its high-speed rail network? Consider the low-cost carrier factor,” Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, forthcoming.
Links and Other Information